Full-time Pharmacy Lab Technician
Hoey Apothecary is an independently-owned pharmacy dedicated to whole body wellness. We specialize in custom compounded prescriptions, including bio-identical hormone replacement therapy, veterinary care, chronic pain relief, wound care, dermatology, and more. We also offer a full retail department of vitamins, supplements, homeopathies and natural health and beauty products.
We are seeking a FULL-TIME PHARMACY LAB TECHNICIAN to work in our COMPOUNDING LAB where we make pharmaceutical medications for people and animals pursuant to physician/provider prescriptions. Lab experience and/or Pharmacy Technician Certification is preferred but not required.
Knowledge and skills that we seek from applicants include:
- Experience using and maintaining lab equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations regarding compounding pharmacy
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills with patients, coworkers and healthcare providers
- Ability to work independently following established protocols
- Good math skills in order to perform pharmacy and compounding calculations
- Consistent attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Experience with PK Compounder pharmacy software is desirable but not required.
This is a full-time position. Normal work hours will be between 8am to 6pm, Mon-Fri; 9am to 1pm on Sat.; closed Sundays and major holidays. Occasional overtime may occur. Applicants must be available to work rotating weekends. We provide a competitive wage and benefits package, including vacation/sick time, paid holidays, health, dental, vision and disability insurance, employee discount and retirement plan.
Interested applicants are encouraged to reply by e-mail or in person with a current resume; we will invite the most qualified applicants for interviews. No phone calls, please!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $21.00 per hour